Custom Search

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My latest book review: The Atlantis Revelation by Thomas Greanias

I would like to share my latest book review with you folks. As I've mentioned, I like to pass along the word about books that I really enjoy. I also post my reviews on Amazon.com, Amazon.ca, Amazon.co.uk, Barnes & Noble, Goodreads, LibraryThing, and in my MySpace blog. You'll notice that the reviews I post are pretty much all 4 or 5-star reviews, that's because I only like to publicly review things that I really like, I don't want to poo-poo something that other people might enjoy just because it happens to not be my taste, preferred style, etc. There's enough negativity out in the world, I don't want to add to it & hurt other people's creative efforts. If I don't like something I just don't say anything. That's just me :)

So, let's carry on to the latest: The Atlantis Revelation, by Thomas Greanias:

5-stars: The Atlantis Revelation caps a very entertaining trilogy

I was already a fan of Thomas' previous two books, Raising Atlantis & The Atlantis Prophecy - both of those were rollicking fun, totally entertaining, and a great way to escape on intriguing adventures for a few reading hours. I am happy to say that 'The Atlantis Revelation is a worthy successor in the Atlantis trilogy. It is smart, well-researched, has loads of action, and presents fascinating concepts that kept me interested the whole way through. It takes the reader on a whirlwind journey to interesting places - from Corfu & the Calypso Deep to Azerbaijan to Rhodes to Jerusalem and more.

Mr. Greanias is a talented thriller author who never disappoints. His characters are well-fleshed out & jump off the page with life. His storytelling skills are solid. I have read thrillers and adventure novels where authors got so engrossed in the details of place and technology that they let the story drop, drag, and sometimes nearly evaporate. A thriller needs to be fast-paced with enough detail to make the setting come alive for the reader, but always keeping the story strong and at the forefront of the reader's attention. Thomas strikes that balance perfectly. You can rest assured when you pick up any of the books in the Atlantis trilogy that you will be turning pages super fast.

Great entertainment, highly recommended!

Rai Aren, co-author of Secret of the Sands







No comments: